Duties and Responsibilities:
- Calculate dimensions & tolerances using knowledge of mathematics & basic measuring instruments.
- Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as line boring machine, lathe machine, shaper or grinders.
- Measure, examine & test completed parts or components in order to detect defects & ensure conformance to specification using precision instrument.
- Set-up, adjust & operate all of the basic machine tools & specialized variations of tools in order to perform precision machining operations.
- Align & secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachment, accessories & materials into the machine.
- Monitor the feed & speed of line boring machine during the machining process.
- Study sample parts, components, drawing & engineering information in order to determine methods & sequences of operations needed to fabricate end product & determine product dimension & tolerances.
- Select the appropriate tools, machines & materials to be used in the preparation of machinery works.
- Observe & listen to operating machines or equipment in order to diagnose machine malfunction & determine need for adjustment or repair.
- Clean & lubricate machines, tools & equipment in order to remove grease, rust, stains & foreign materials for safekeeping.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- High school or Vocational/Technical course in Machining; graduate would be an advantage
- At least two (2) years work experience in machine works
- NC II certificate from TESDA an advantage.