Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and conduct work area assessment, surveys, and program evaluations to determine the presence of hazardous conditions, such as noise exposure, chemical exposure, indoor air quality, light levels, confined space, and ventilation in paint booths.
- Analyze hazardous conditions and assigns risk assessment codes for use by departments to prioritize and budget corrective actions.
- Implement and manage the company’s environmental management system. This includes administering the waste management contract, and coordinating hazardous and universal waste management activities.
- Collect, analyze and maintain data essential for effective safety and environmental programs.
- Evaluate hazardous conditions and recommends engineering controls, administrative controls, and/or personal protective equipment.
- Provide statistical and fiscal data on workers’ compensation injuries. Maintains complete and accurate records as required. Prepares various reports, including charts and graphs, to determine trends and needs.
- Conduct periodic inspections of sites to assist managers and supervisors in environmental, health and safety compliance.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree of any Engineering course, registered Nurse or related field
- Minimum of two (2) years’ work related experience
- Accredited practitioner from Department of Labor and Employment and Environmental Management Bureau (EMB) / Mines and Geoscience Bureau (MGB)