Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct repair and maintenance of all tires, inner tubes and other tire accessories including rims.
- Assemble and replace damaged tires due for relug or worn out tires.
- Remove and install tires and inner tubes replacement.
- Conduct inspection and check-up of loose wheel stud bolts and nuts and initiate appropriate action to be done.
- Ensure wheel clocks are properly placed on the parked equipment before performing tire repair or replacement.
- Perform inflation checks on all tires mounted to units and the standard air pressure required based on manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Always clean rims, bead seat bands, flanges and o-ring grooves prior to tire mounting.
- Perform proper matching of dual tires and rotate tires with uneven tread wear including alignment.
- Check the condition and capacity of hydraulic jack to be used prior to performing the tire repair including the appropriate tools, air compressor, and power utility.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- High School or Vocational/Trade school graduate would be an advantage
- At least one (1) year of related experience in heavy equipment tire repairs.
- Can operate tire handler or forklift desirable